Welcome to the DAV Website
The DAV is a non-profit association which exists to promote debate. It
is the peak debating body in Victoria and runs large competitions for
adults and for schools across Victoria. It provides training and
resources for debaters, teachers and adjudicators.
Following an Executive Visions meeting in 2001, the DAV is proud to announce its new Vision statement to guide the organisation in its current and future endeavours.
To facilitate effective debate in Victoria
For the community, to:
- facilitate effective and informed public debate
- provide community access to debate
- develop partnerships with government, private and community organisations
For our members, to:
- develop debating and communication skills
- develop confidence in public speaking
- provide professional development opportunities
- high quality and professional standards
- critical and constructive thinking
- education and awareness
- accessibility for all
- challenge and reward
The DAV Constitution is available to view here.
Consumer Affairs Victoria has written in response to the DAV Constitution.
Model Rules for an Incorporated Association as suggested by Consumer Affairs Victoria.